- The Planroom is available for use by every member company.
- Planroom users must respect the rights and needs of all members.
- Non-members may use the Planroom by invitation of staff only.
- If you need plans we do not have, every effort will be made to obtain them.
- The Planroom is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Planroom is closed on holidays.
- A Planroom Coordinator is available to assist you and to oversee Planroom operations.
- Persons using the Planroom must be employed on the permanent staff of a member. All other persons will be afforded the limited privilege of a guest.
- Each person entering the Planroom must sign the Planroom Register. Failure to do so will result in denial of Planroom use.
- Planroom privileges will be suspended or revoked for member companies with unpaid balances.
- The Planroom facilities are not for full-time estimating and business transactions.
- The Planroom may not be used by more than three estimators from a member firm at one time.
- Arrangements should be made with the Coordinator for the use of a conference room for lengthy telephone calls.
- Due to the volume of telephone calls we receive, Planroom users must limit phone use to business calls only. Incoming calls may be taken in the Planroom only.
- Plans and specifications should be handled carefully to prevent mutilation. All repair needs must be brought to the attention of the Coordinator.
- Estimators found to have deliberately mutilated plans are financially responsible for replacement or restoration. The estimator and firm will be suspended from Planroom services for 60 days.
- Marks placed on the drawings or specifications must be erased prior to their return.
- Drawings must be put back in the proper order. Only one set of plans may be reviewed at a time by an individual. Activities are limited to one table.
- Plans must not be left idle during a lunch period.
- Members must be considerate of others who may wish to view the same plans.
- Plans and specifications may not be split without the Coordinator's approval.
- Plans may be reserved for use overnight. Plans may be picked up after 4 p.m. and returned by 9 a.m. the following business day. Plans may be picked up earlier on the day before major holidays. Plans may not be taken out the evening before the bids are due.
- Plans and specifications cannot be reserved for use in the Planroom during office hours or removed from the Planroom during office hours.
- Plans and specifications removed from the Planroom without authorization will result in the member company notification. Planroom privileges will be revoked until review by the Board of Governors.
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY This Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations End-User Agreement ("EUA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations for the Builders Exchange services identified below, which includes computer software and associated media and printed materials, and may include "online" or electronic documentation ("Construction Reporting Service"). By using the Construction Reporting Service as permitted under the EUA, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EUA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EUA, do not use the Construction Reporting Service.
Use of this service constitutes agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of the system, as promulgated by the webmaster from time to time, including acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The Construction Reporting Service contains information about plans, bidders and other matters that may be of interest to members of the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations. Information reported in the project files is based on a review of the specifications, no plans have been reviewed. Efforts have been made to assure the accuracy of the information reported, but the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations offer no warranty, expressed of implied, that any of the reported information is accurate. The best source of information for project files are the actual plans and specifications maintained at Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BUILD NEW YORK ONLINE PLANROOM AND ITS AFFILIATED ASSOCIATIONS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, AND ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Users of the Site ("Users") may access, download, reproduce and transmit data available on the Site, and otherwise use the Site, solely for personal use, including internal use in your business. You may not use the data available on the Site to formulate printed or electronic products or services or information for redistribution or sale, to compile mass mailing lists or otherwise to compete with any of Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations products or services in a field of providing data to architects, engineers, contractors, product suppliers or others involved in any way to the construction industry. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without express written permission from Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations is strictly prohibited. Without limitation of the foregoing, use of webcrawlers, bots, agents, scrapers or other electronic means or devices to access the Site and copy or "scrape" data contained thereon is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of this Site or its data may be pursued to the full extent of federal and state law. Potential infringers should be aware that this Site is regularly monitored for unauthorized use. If Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations believe you are using the Site or its content for purposes it consider inappropriate, Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations may deny you access to the Site, in addition to any other legal remedies it may have.
The Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations will not be liable for any losses, including lost data, information, profits or any other incidents of consequential damages that may be sustained or arise out of the use, operation or ability to use or operate the Construction Reporting Service. In consideration for the privilege of using the Construction Reporting Service, users hereby release the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations, their officers, employees, and the webmaster from any and all claims arising from the use of this system.
The information on the Construction Reporting Service is provided for the use of Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations members, replication is prohibited.
The Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations reserve the right to control or limit access to the Construction Reporting Service. Access may be denied at any time for any reason. Access will be denied to any individual or company who makes use of the Construction Reporting Service for improper purposes. Access will be denied to anyone who uses obscene, abrasive or otherwise questionable language on this system.
The Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations reserve the right to monitor all information stored in any files programs or messages as well as the right to delete or edit any file, program or message that contains, in the sole discretion of the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations, any obscene, abrasive or otherwise objectionable language or material.
Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Site. Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations reserve the right, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or availability. By using the Site following any modifications to the Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by any such modifications. The Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty.
The United States Copyright laws prohibit the distribution or copying of copyright materials without proper authorization. The Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations will not tolerate any use of the Construction Reporting Service which in any way violates the United States Copyright laws. Users must report to the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations editor any use of the Construction Reporting Service which may amount to a copyright infringement. If in its sole discretion, the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations determine that any information has been loaded onto the Construction Reporting Service in violation of the Copyright laws, the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations will delete that information. Any user who, without authorization, loads copyrighted information on the Virtual Planroom shall indemnify and hold the Build New York Online Planroom and its affiliated Associations harmless from any and all resulting claims and liability.