Position: ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Reports to the Senior Manager or his/her designee. Primary duties are to assist and support the Senior Manager inclusive of, but not limited to, the monitoring of and general administration of jobs and safety to ensure compliance with industry best practices. All information is of a sensitive and highly confidential nature. Other cross-functional duties as assigned by management.
- Possess strong communication skills to effectively work in a team environment.
- Possess strong knowledge of internal processes to assist with successful completion of specialty highway construction, specifically guide rail installation and signage projects.
- Possess knowledge of or ability to learn NYSDOT/NYSTA specifications/plans/requirements of specialty highway, guiderail and signage installation.
- Possess knowledge or ability to learn price analysis and estimating to assist in the successful billing of NYS agreed price and force account work.
- Provide and or assist with plan take offs and job estimating as assigned.
- Provide Material orders and Vendor coordination.
- Provide Load Lists, assist in yard loading when necessary and coordinate Material deliveries to job sites.
- Provide Field layouts as required for Job Foremen.
- Field questions from and provide feedback to Job Foremen, Owner Representatives and Contractors.
- Provide support and meet with Owner Representatives and Contractors when necessary.
- Perform and coordinate pre-construction Dig Safes and monitor compliance.
- Perform job reviews for estimating accuracy and report deficiencies to Senior Manager.
1.) Work with Project Manager and Field Supervisors to improve compliance with established company policies.
2.) Work with Project Manager and Field Supervisors to increase compliance with company safety goals.
3.) Possess strong knowledge construction equipment and its safe uses.
Read, write, understand and follow English written and oral instructions. Frequent physical functions; stand, walk, sit, bend, push, pull, grasp, and other natural movements. Daily repetitive hand motion. Occasional lifting of materials and/or packages up to 50 pounds. Visual requirement of 20/40 with or without corrective lenses.
Site visits will require some travel within the state of New York.
Observe company work rules and safety practices at all times.