ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER, VICTOR SERVICE
Location: Victor, NY
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our Service Division
encompassing the Rochester, NY region. This position will play a pivotal role in assisting project management
personnel in coordinating projects throughout all phases of service work or construction processes to ensure
quality, schedule, cost control, safety, and customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
Our Service Division, located at our headquarters office in Victor, NY is growing. We offer many opportunities
for continuing education and professional development. This is a great career path for interested candidates to
take on a challenging, rewarding position with potential to progress as a Project Manager.
Some of the duties of our Assistant PMs include:
- Preparing drawings and sketches, change orders, estimates, RFI’s, etc. to support projects
- Assist in preparing project status reports and participate in meetings
- Assemble, organize and maintain documentation needed for timely project closeout activities.
- Create correspondence to owners, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, etc.
- Support safety program policies, procedures, implementation and compliance.
- Interface with all project team members while promoting and maintaining open communication as well as collaborate with co-workers and other supporting offices or divisions to achieve deliverables
We are looking for a detail oriented, motivated self-starter with superb organizational planning skills. The ideal
candidate will maintain a great sense of pride in his or her work as well as foster an attitude of commitment and
teamwork. Specific requirements are listed below in no specific order of relevance.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the commercial electrical or construction industry
- Four-year degree in a related field such as construction management, electrical engineering, etc. preferred
- Understanding of civil, architectural, mechanical and general construction techniques
- Proficient in the use of computerized systems and project management software or demonstrated ability to adapt to technology quickly
- Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Strong communication skills
At O’Connell Electric, we offer generous compensation packages. Benefits include health, vision, and dental
plans along with paid and voluntary life insurance plans. We offer 401K and profit sharing, paid time off, and a
bonus compensation plan for project management staff that meet certain criteria. Salary is commensurate with
experience and will be discussed upon interview.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to OCECAREERS@OCONNELLELECTRIC.COM
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.