Billing Specialists ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately so that project billings, contract
values, and invoices submitted to the customer are accurate to maximize cash flow for the company.
Summary of Responsibilities
This position will include performing various functions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily invoice processing which includes time and material, contract, purchase order, and
- Prepare lien waivers and any other compliance paperwork required by the customer
- Maintain compliance with New York State sales tax laws and regulations
- Provide general office support as necessary with copying, filing, mailings, and answering telephones
- Assist Billing Supervisor and Project Managers with running various reports in Timberline
- Assist with collection efforts and application of cash receipts
- Associates Degree or equivalent in work experience
- Invoicing and construction background helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product knowledge, especially Excel
- Timberline Construction Software knowledge helpful, but not required
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, motivated self-starter, excellent listening/communication
skills, ability to work in fast paced environment, promote teamwork and collaboration, ability to take
initiative and responsibility for tasks given, strong time management skills
Directions for Applying
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About O’Connell Electric
O’Connell Electric Company is a top 50 nationally ranked electrical contractor serving New York
State and surrounding regions of the northeast. As we continue to grow, we work hard to maintain
our culture as a family-oriented organization whose success depends on a team-centered
approach to serving our customers. We invest heavily in developing our employees and creating
an environment for future growth and career success.
We maintain fully staffed offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Albany metro area along
with our corporate headquarters in Victor, NY.