West General Contractors, LLC, a growing Rochester, New York construction firm, is looking for skilled, experienced Carpenters to join our team’s Acoustical Division. This key hourly position offers a career path for a high achiever to advance to the role of foreman and beyond. As a full-time Carpenter, your work will include using hand tools and power equipment to construct, install, and repair walls and other structures made of metal, wood and other building materials.
Specific duties include the following:
• Framing walls, ceilings, and frameworks made of wood, steel, metal, in accordance with local building codes;
• Installing drywall; (drywall finishers also needed)
• Performing selective interior demolition work;
• Working on ladders and in lifts;
• Following established OSHA and other procedures to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Specific qualifications include the following:
• 4 years of relevant experience in commercial construction (preferred, not required)
• Ability to produce quality work under tight production schedules;
• Experience working with hand tools, power equipment and machinery including lifts;
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA and other job safety requirements;
• Ability to adhere to Company values of trust, integrity, efficiency, professionalism, and customer satisfaction;
• Reliable vehicle and good driving history;
• Ability and willingness to periodically travel to out-of-town job locations from Buffalo to Albany sometimes including overnight stays; and
• Drug free.
If you meet the above qualifications, please email us regarding your skills and experience and indicate your interest in completing an application.
About the Company:
West General Contractors was founded in 2009. Its mission is to fully satisfy the diverse construction needs of our customers by building architecturally appealing structures with industry leading responsiveness, fairness, precision, and professionalism. Our culture emphasizes operations improvement, staff training and development, and providing an exceptional level of customer service. As a result, much of our work comes from repeat business. We provide competitive compensation based on skills and experience, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits, including vacation pay and personal time off, health care, and a retirement savings plan with employer match.
The Company pays competitive wages and offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including the following:
• Vacation pay and personal time off
- Paid holidays
• Health care insurance
• Disability coverage and paid family leave
• Simple IRA retirement savings plan.