Construction Superintendent (Rochester, NY)
West General Contractors, LLC, a growing Rochester, New York commercial construction firm, is looking for a skilled, experienced Construction Superintendent to join our team. This full-time job, based in Rochester, is a mission-critical salaried position with a Company truck provided. As a Construction Superintendent, you will be the Company’s field representative focused on overseeing and coordinating all aspects of assigned projects in support of the Project Manager, including delivering a high-quality finished project on time and at or below budget.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage one or more assigned projects at a time, which will include projects outside of the Rochester market, including out-of-state jobs, and extended overnight stays.
- Manage all aspects of field operations in accordance with Company policies, contractual obligations, and other customer requirements.
- Obtain a complete understanding of the Project scope, schedule, and construction drawings in the pre-construction phase, and help to manage any changes to these items as the project progresses.
- Work with the Project Manager to effectively deploy in-house and subcontract labor, equipment, and materials in accordance with project schedules.
- Manage the process of receiving, securing, and using incoming materials, including verifying product quality, count, completeness and contract compliance. This includes coordinating deliveries and proper placement and storage of materials to minimize handling and damages.
- Communicate and work effectively with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, the Project Manager and other members of the Company’s management team on the status of the Project, including proactively raising and resolving job site problems and issues.
- Serve as the key on-site representative to ensure that all Company and government safety requirements are consistently followed by everyone at the job site, including but not limited to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Ensure that presentation, cleanliness, and organization of the job site consistently meet or exceed Company standards.
- Help to ensure proper project closeout with customer and Company management, including returning rented equipment, ensuring completion of punch list items, and compiling final warranty and other closeout documents.
The specific requirements/qualifications of the position include the following:
- Minimum of one to three years of prior relevant experience;
- Demonstrated leadership skills combined with an ability to function effectively as a team member within a corporate structure;
- Ability to read, comprehend, and critically analyze blueprints and other types of commercial construction drawings;
- High school graduate or GED required, with college degree in a relevant field a plus;
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and other job safety requirements;
- Good driving history;
- Ability and willingness to work more than 40 hours per week when necessary to complete required tasks;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively on an overnight basis to out-of-area including out-of-state locations; and
- Drug free and willing to undergo a criminal background check.
About the Company:
West General Contractors, LLC was founded in 2009. Its mission is to fully satisfy the diverse construction needs of our customers by building architecturally appealing structures with industry leading responsiveness, fairness, precision, and professionalism. Our culture emphasizes operations improvement, staff training and development, and providing an exceptional level of customer service. As a result, much of our work comes from repeat business. We provide competitive compensation based on skills and experience, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits, including the following:
• Vacation pay and personal time off
• Health care insurance
• Disability coverage and paid family leave
• Simple IRA retirement savings plan.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and reference the position in your message to email@example.com