JOB TITLE: Estimating Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief Estimator
JOB DESCRIPTION: The estimating assistant will work closely with estimating staff on all facets of the public bids process including bid package pick up, preparation, and delivery, verification of bid quantities, solicitation for quotes of sub and suppliers, regularly updating, maintaining, and soliciting from a database of Minority and Women Owned business to help the company meet Good Faith Effort requirements, preparing estimates and anything else as directed by the Chief Estimator.
JOB DUTIES: Job duties predominantly include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating pickup/delivery of project documents/bid packages to/from various plan houses and owners
- Attending Pre-Bid Meetings, Bid Openings, and other meetings as required
- Organize and compile all documentation required in connection with the accurate preparation of bid packages, quotes, change orders, etc.
- Updating and maintaining the Bid Calendar
- Updating and maintaining a database of the various Disadvantaged Business classifications through iSqFt
- Assist estimators with bids by preparing take offs, contacting subcontractors and suppliers, comparing and verifying scopes of work/supply, etc.
- Assist with the post-bid buyout process
- Assist in coordinating the handoff process from Estimating to the Project Management Team
- Attend trainings and stay up to date on current industry trends
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and identify discrepancies and errors
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to quality and detail
- Ability to work efficiently with computers
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Knowledge of B2W Estimate, PlanSwift, InSite, and Trimble Business Center is desirable
- Any Experience in Heavy Highway / Civil Construction is desirable