The art and science of an estimate have changed. So too has our method for calculating complicated
projects to ensure we provide the best value for our customers and maintain a successful revenue
stream to support our operations.
We are looking for a digital savvy estimator ready to utilize modern technology to produce
comprehensive estimates for commercial, industrial and institutional projects. The ideal candidate is a
results-driven, team-oriented individual excited to be part of a fast-paced environment in a rapidly
changing industry. This position will collaborate closely with project managers and other electrical
construction professionals to develop accurate and timely estimates as well as assist in developing
complete project proposals.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include attending pre bid meetings, reviewing specifications and drawings to
determine scope of work and perform takeoffs utilizing Trimble Accubid Enterprise and LiveCount
software. You will set up estimates to allow for advanced manipulation of data, enabling the
generation of estimate breakdowns for bid analysis, scheduling input, and bid form requirements.
Other duties may be assigned based on needs of various divisions across the company.
- Prior experience with an electrical contractor preferred.
- College degree in a related field preferred.
- Trade school education or apprenticeship with demonstrated proficiency utilizing estimating software
will be considered in lieu of a college education.
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data.
- Ability to organize, read and interpret blueprints and/or engineering design drawings.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid math, critical thinking and business writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- National Electric Code (NEC) Knowledge.
- Experience working with Bluebeam, Tra-ser SX, Auto CAD and Revit a plus.
- Ability to pass background check and drug test required.
Directions for Applying
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About O’Connell Electric
O’Connell Electric Company is a top 50 nationally ranked electrical contractor serving New York
State and surrounding regions of the northeast. As we continue to grow, we work hard to maintain
our culture as a family-oriented organization whose success depends on a team-centered
approach to serving our customers. We invest heavily in developing our employees and creating
an environment for future growth and career success.
We maintain fully staffed offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Albany metro area along
with our corporate headquarters in Victor, NY.