FABRICATOR, CRAFTSMAN, FINISHER JOB POSTING
SUMMARY: The Fabricator/Craftsman/Finisher will build, finish, assemble, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects.
REPORTS TO: Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organizational Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from the
- Cuts, shapes, and finishes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or other materials.
- Uses various hand and power tools to build and finish assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with Lean Supply Chain a plus.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of vocational school or apprenticeship program; OR at least two years of experience via on-the-job training preferred.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Clean, safe warehouse environment.
CORPORATE VALUES: Uniset LLC practices and exhibits the following corporate values daily to drive customer success: Respect for Teamwork, Commitment, Honesty, Efficiency, and Quality.
OTHER: Project a positive and professional image of the company and of management to employees and customers. This position may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPANY: Uniset LLC is the industry leader in the design and manufacturing of dynamic multipurpose television, video, and studio systems. All our products are freestanding, ship fully, and are pre-finished for easy assembly and immediate use.
The quality, durability, and cost-effective set elements Uniset LLC provides the “studio set” experience and production environment that each studio demands and expects.
Uniset LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply method: Email (email@example.com)
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: Responding to this posting OR visiting www.unisetcorp.com/careers.