Facility Operations Technician
JOB TITLE: Facility Operations Technician
POSITION GRADE: 78
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Facility Operations
SUPERVISOR: Director of Facility Operations
Working under the general direction of the Director of Facility Operations, the Facility Operations Technician is responsible to provide the knowledge and skills to repair and maintain all agency properties. Also to provide the knowledge and skills to carry out minor maintenance duties including, but not limited to, light carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical repairs and painting. The Facilities Operations Technician will also do grounds work including, but not limited to: snow plowing, lawn mowing and other grounds work. Will assist with Purchasing in doing package deliveries, and receiving packages. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan. Part of the On-Call rotation.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Performs general maintenance repairs, including, but not limited to, light carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, drywall and painting repairs.
- Utilizes ladders when necessary from step ladder to 40′ extension ladder. Practices proper safety procedures to include raising and placing ladders.
- Maintains work environment, storage area and tools in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Uses and safely operates tools necessary to carry out painting duties, specifically airless sprayer, infrared heat gun, high pressure washer, and high pressure paint removal equipment.
- Properly prepares all wall and ceiling surfaces for appropriate coating materials. (Repairs wall and ceiling surfaces including plastering, patching, taping, sanding, priming and painting, as necessary.
- Repairs and/or prepares trim surfaces, primes and paints.
- Fills, seals and/or paints masonry surfaces.
- Sands, stains and applies finish to fine wood surfaces including cabinets and other fine detail work.
- Uses lifts when necessary up to a height of 40′ using proper safety procedures.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
- Assists in determining quantities and types of materials for each specific job, as necessary.
- Assist in planning, development, and carrying out agency construction/renovation and capital improvement projects as necessary.
- Coordinate with vendors/supply houses to order materials for approved projects as necessary.
- Provides own basic trade tools to accomplish job function.
- Assists in repairing and re-glazing windows and screens as requested.
- Participates in on-call assignments as required, including winter season snow removal (plowing & shoveling).
- Assists in other areas of Facility Operations as requested.
- Performs monthly Facility life safety inspections in areas of responsibility and as assigned.
- Performs monthly vehicle inspections as assigned
- Operates Facility Fleet, including pickup trucks, dump trucks, lawn mowers, & tractors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Three years of general maintenance experience required, including experience in maintenance and repair of HVAC systems.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs while performing work duties without accommodations.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, push, and pull materials and object weighing up to 50lbs without accommodations.
- Work in both indoors and outdoors environments with exposure to various weather conditions.
- Bend or twist the body in unusual positions while working.
- Frequents bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, and reaching above and below the shoulders.
- Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)–
- Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
- Customer Focus
- Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
- Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.