Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a Western NY leader in providing HVAC services to homeowners. If you are a highly motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today! As a Rochester Top 100 company with six branches, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and people first.
The Skilled Trades Entry Program at our Training & Education Center in Rochester, New York, has an opening for a General Trades Instructor for immediate hire.
The General Trades Assistant Instructor is responsible for providing practical hands on shop experience to prepare students for entry level employment in a variety of jobs in the construction industry. The assistant will work with General Trades Instructor to demonstrate and teach the core practical skills used in residential and commercial settings to include safety, hand/power tool use, site preparation, measurement and layout, footings and foundation, construction framing, rough plumbing and electric, and other related topics.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of six years full-time or the equivalent part-time occupational experience in carpentry & general construction leadership roles.
- Successful completion of a drug screen, background and driving record check
- OSHA 10 Construction Safety Certification
- Ability to work with students of varied multicultural backgrounds.
- Worked in capacity as crew or team leader or foreman
Required Job Functions
- Demonstrate skill, knowledge, and abilities in the trades being instructed
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of program goals.
- Maintain a professional environment that promotes teaching and learning.
- Participate in department meetings as necessary.
- Meet professional assignments in accordance with the ITEC calendar.
- Participate in business and/or community activities that promote the ITEC mission.
- Ability to utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
- Additional duties as assigned by ITEC administrator
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Assist with NCCER Carpentry and Building Trades program courses.
- Maintain, inspect, and operate various equipment and supplies necessary for program instruction.
The Benefits of Being a Part of the Isaac Family:
- Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
- In-house NATE training and certification
- Steady work 12 months a year
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send all resumes and questions to Aubrey Marrero at AMarrero@IsaacHeating.com with the job title in the subject line.