The bookkeeping duties include full cycle bookkeeping duties, preparation of bank statement, reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax filings, and general office assistance as required. Office management in all front office functions, providing ongoing customer service through problem solving, analyzing changes, providing solutions, and completing jobs in a timely manner.
Job Summary-The 3 R’s
- Bookkeeper/Office Administrator
- Bookkeeping and finance
- Office organization and administration
- Customer service
- Highly accurate and timely bookkeeping and remittances
- Highly organized and efficient use of information, files
- Company is represented competently and professional
Detail overview of responsibilities:
Bookkeeping and finance
- Code and key accounts payable, for process and timely payments check, online and credit card
- Key and verify invoices using appropriate information
- Balance statements from vendors
- Refine vendor relationships, negotiate payment terms to our benefit.
- Manage manufacturer rebate programs
- Investigate all discrepancies with invoice totals and work with the company to clean up accounts.
- Maintain current A/R accounts. Investigate, adjust, and resolve any outstanding invoices
- Process payments received by check, credit card, or bank transfer
- Customer invoicing
- Monthly Bank/Visa-Amex reconciliation and analysis of accounts and variances
- Deposit checks as posted to A/R
- Complete physical bank deposits as required
- Track employee purchases-ensure appropriate use of company credit cards
- Work with owner to ensure all expenses are tracked and costs reduced
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency
- File and sort documents-scan job folders, maintain job number reports
- Various accounting, journal entries, and inventory adjustments
- Maintain depreciation schedule
- Create monthly WIP reports for job costing
- Responsible to upload on a weekly basis
- Manage all payroll deductions
- Make all adjustments for prevailing wage calculations
- Adjust for prevailing wages based on TDC benefits
Human Resources and office duties
- Human resources include updating policy manual as required
- Manage employee benefit plan
- Maintain vacation, sick leave, and attendance records
- Maintain employee list
- New employee orientation, distribute handbook and policies
- Accept job applications
- Maintain copier and supplies
- Maintain EZ pass accounts
- Responsible for filing all documents, invoices, ownership, employee information etc. daily.
- Ensures that customer contracts and files for A/R, A/P, Banking, vehicles, taxes etc. Are maintained in good order.
- Document procedures, policies, and processes.
- Assist with organization of company special events-Xmas party, clambakes etc.
- Contribute to and/or complete special projects as assigned.
- Assist all employees with clerical duties
- Knowledge of Excel and creating spreadsheets for various projects.
- Answer phone calls professional and take messages as needed
Key Success behaviors and skills
- Aligned with Tele Data Com core values of Knowledge, Optimism, Relationships, Passions.
- Strict attention to detail
- Performance driven, fast paced and energetic
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with staff and customers
- String in math and accounting
- Keyboard and data entry skills
- High organization skills, time management and analytical skills
- Competent with QuickBooks, accounting, and Microsoft Suite
- Proficient with computers, very tech savvy
- Performs and demands excellence in quality of work
- Service and teamwork focused
- Innovative and focused on learning and self-improvement
- Flexible and able to multitask with minimal or no supervision
Strong Knowledge of the following Software/Technology
- QuickBooks Pro
- Microsoft office Suite
- Google Documents, calendar