As a Project Manager, you will be the central person responsible for bringing projects in on time,
within budget, with quality workmanship, and meeting customer expectations. you are responsible for
scheduling and sequencing construction activities involving components such as labor, materials,
equipment and sub-contractors. You will also manage and resolve various conflicts that may arise on
projects and ensure that the work environment is productive and safe.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of
work being performed by this position.
- Maintain accountability for project execution and successful completion
- Act as the primary contact with the client in delivery of project
- Interface with all project team members while promoting and maintaining open communication
- Accurately forecast project costs, expenses and utilization of resources
- Manage and direct subcontractors and material procurement
- Lead periodic project meetings both internally and with the customer, and assume
responsibility to ensure all deliverables are achieved
- Implement lessons learned and strive for continuous improvement
- Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them
We prefer that qualified candidates have a minimum of five years of project management experience
in the electrical construction industry.
- A minimum of four years of experience in the commercial electrical or construction industry
- Four-year degree in a related field such as construction management, electrical engineering,
- Strong project management, estimating and cost control skills
- Knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and general construction techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Strong planning, leadership and team building skills
- Experience with estimating procedures and common practices
- Proficient in the use of computerized systems and project management software – specifically
MS Office, MS Project, Primavera (P6) and Accubid estimating software
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
At O’Connell Electric, we offer generous compensation packages. Benefits include health, vision,
and dental plans along with paid and voluntary life insurance plans. We offer 401K and profit
sharing, paid time off, company vehicle or allowance based on certain conditions, and a bonus
compensation plan for project management staff that meet certain criteria. Salary is commensurate
with experience and will be discussed upon interview.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.