Are you looking to build your career in construction safety and work for a people-first company? Do you want to work for a company where you can call home and not just have another “job”?. Come join us at Elmer W. Davis, Inc as a Safety Coordinator. In this role, you’ll assist the Division Leader in enforcing and regulating all safety procedures to ensure that Elmer W. Davis, Inc meets all safety requirements in the field by managing and coordinating safety related activities.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll report concerns to safety management and ensure health and safety standards are met by coordinating, promoting and conducting various programs and activities related to the safety management system.
- You’ll document safety inspections, cite dangerous areas/procedures and recommend corrective procedures. You’ll provide recommendations for correcting non-compliance issues and ensure cited issues are corrected within designated time frame.
- You’ll maintain all site required documentation related to safety issues, including accident reports, inspection reports and training logs, and review daily job hazard logs and take action as required.
- You’ll prepare documentation for the investigation of accidents and injuries and submit data to regulatory agencies as required.
- You’ll assist with the development of training materials and coordinate and facilitate employee training as necessary.
- You’ll use your experience to train safety related topics to employees as needed.
- We’ll rely on your independent judgement and your ability to make decisions with respect to day to day job duties and you’ll consult with your manager on decisions that significantly impact the company.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A minimum of 2+ years working as a Safety professional in a construction environment, including training experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health or Environmental Applied Sciences is required or have related strong construction safety experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Card
- OSHA 500 Train-the-trainer Certification a plus
- Have a CHST or ASP certification would be ideal and preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety management systems; OSHA CFR 1926 standards or the state construction safety regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer-service and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills-experience with Microsoft Office suite and ability to access OSHA information via the internet.
- Sound knowledge of safety operating processes and procedures.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
What you bring to the table:
- You love safety! It’s something you’re passionate about and so are we.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy being responsible for implementing safety programs and protocols within a construction environment.
- You take initiative. If you don’t know something, you go find the answer.
- You have a collaborative spirit and enjoy being part of a larger team who works together and takes safety very seriously.
- You understand how to get the best out of people and what it takes to help people be safer in their construction work environment.
- You enjoy training, and coaching employees.
- You have great people skills and can quickly build relationships with many different people. And, you have a knack for quickly building trust and communicating in a way that supports and partners with the field on safety.
- You have a desire to grow, learn and build a career path with an innovative construction company.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses.